Monday, August 1, 2011

You're Two



My sweet Charlotte,

As I was looking back at the story and pictures of the day of your birth, I began to think of your life over the past two years...the rocking and cuddling, playing and giggling, struggling and praying.  My continuous prayer for you since you were born has been that you would feel confident in the girl you are.  That you would love yourself just because God made you.  That you would see yourself as I see you and love yourself as God loves you.  Sweet girl, God's love for you is unfathomable, indescribable, unbelieveable!  He loves you so much, and he made you so perfectly.  He created your inmost being...He knows every fiber of your soul...and he loves it.  As do I. 

Right now at 2 years, 1 day old, here are just a few of the reasons I love you so deeply...

Because God made you perfectly and entrusted your sweet soul to your daddy and I.
Because your love for me and your brother and your daddy is so obvious to anyone who sees us together.
Because your giggles make my heart melt.
Because you are full of sass and laughter with those who know you well, but you are cautious and shy with those who don't.
Because you love your babies and Elmo.
Because you so want to be completely independent in all that you do, but still come running to me for hugs and cuddles multiple times a day.
Because you sing and dance like a rock star.
Because you are already so talkative...at least with our little family of 4.
Because you are a girly girl.
Because you are the queen of hugs...and you hold on so tight with each one.
Because fashion's already important to you.
Because even at two years old, you are sensitive to others' feelings.
Because you are you!  And I'm so thankful that you are...




No comments: