Thursday, March 10, 2011

Cutest Kid Ever

I'm sure I'm breaking all sorts of blog etiquitte here, but I just can't help myself.  How flippin' cute is this?!...

Last night we went to AWANA at church. AWANA stands for Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed and comes from 2 Timothy 2:15 "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth."  It is a program set up to teach children to read and truly know scripture.  Hunter memorizes short verses every week and recites them to his table leader (which happens to be me:)). 

This week was AWANA-be week.  So the kids were encouraged to dress up as what they want to be when they grow up. 

I'm not gonna lie.  Hunter has not expressed a ton of interest in being a surgeon - or even a doctor - when he grows up, but this was the easiest thing for me to throw together...

Hunter was a little reluctant to put everything on, specifically the hat and mask, so I may have bribed him with a stick of gum.  I have no shame y'all...why would I?  It totally worked.  He ended up loving his costume, and played with his doctor kit all day today.  So, maybe we do have a future doctor on our hands!

No comments: