Saturday, September 11, 2010

Already

Have I told y'all lately how awesome my husband is?  Well he is.  Hunter started preschool this week, which makes me really emotional because I can't believe that my firstborn is already old enough to have his own backpack...that he carries to his own school!  Anyway, I left work for part of the day on Tuesday so I could take H to the open house, but it was pouring rain and it was a little stressful going to work then leaving work then picking up H then knowing I had to drop him off and go back to work, so by the time I realized that I didn't have my camera, it was too late to go back and get it.  Y'all know this was tragic for me.  But my husband is wonderful and didn't even bat an eye when I asked him to be papparzzi daddy on Thursday, which was the actual first day of school. 

Hunter is soooo excited to go to school!
(See that sucker?  That's not an "it's your first day of school so you get a sucker" sucker.  It's a "you peed in the potty so you get a sucker!" sucker.  We're so proud!)

James got a backpack photo, which makes me love him even more... 

Here's H walking to class...

We were really nervous about drop off because when we went to visit the school before we enrolled Hunter, he was adamant that he did NOT want to be left alone there.  He even started crying when the director asked him if he wanted to come play.  So James and I scripted out what he was going to tell H at drop off, making sure to include that he was going to have so! much! fun! and that daddy was coming back to get him.  Turns out our sweet little guy didn't even need a pep talk though, he just smiled and waved when James left. 
He loves that car table, I'm sure he would've played with it all morning if they'd have let him!  After school, Hunter was really excited to see James and said he actually did have so much fun!  I can't wait to see what he learns!

No comments: