Friday, August 14, 2009

Hard To Say Goodbye

Today was Hunter's last day at LHCCEC. I never thought I'd feel this way, but we are so sad that he'll no longer be going there every morning. He has learned a tremendous amount from the caring people at his school. I am so thankful to have found a place where there are so many sweet ladies who loved and nurtured and taught him everyday. I couldn't have dreamed up a better place for him to be while I was at work.
...
I don't think Hunter understands that he's not going back, so hopefully we won't have too many meltdowns once he starts asking for Ms. Sesi and Ms. Gina and his friends.
...
Here's Hunter with his sweet teachers Ms. Sesi and Ms. Gina.

And here he is with Ms. Hadzira...

Ms. Hadzira was Hunter's first teacher when he started at LHCCEC and we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her! She is the sweetest lady ever, and I was so thankful for how she cared for him and always gave me detailed feedback everyday. She made the transition to school much easier for me...oh and I guess for Hunter too:)

Here's Hunter with Ms. Ashley...

Ms. Ashley helps in the office and often fills in in the classrooms when they need help. Hunter would smile and happily shout, "Bye Ms. Ashley!" on the way out of school most days.

And this is Ms. Sandy...

Ms. Sandy is the curriculum director and Chapel teacher and Hunter is in love with her. He would light up and shriek, "Ms. Sandyyyyyy!" while doing his happy dance whenever we saw her in the mornings.

Of course I cried today as we said our goodbyes because these people have loved my child better than I thought possible. If we ever have to re-enroll Hunter or Charlotte in a child care facility, we will happily go back to LHCCEC!

2 comments:

Trina said...

This made me teary and I never met these ladies. I see why you cried and why Hunter loved it so much.

Kaitlin L. said...

Very cute pictures! So are you going to be staying at home with them, now?