Monday, August 26, 2013

First Day of 1st Grade

I don't know how it's possible, but my firstborn is already a first grader...
Wasn't I just holding his tiny newborn self for the very first time? 

And now he's a big brother to this big sister...

And finally a "grader" as he likes to call it...

Today was much easier than last year when I dropped him off at Kindergarten.  I didn't feel the tears welling up in my eyes and the lump forming in my throat as we walked into school...



And I didn't see the insecurity and fear of the unknown that I saw in his eyes last year as I walked him over to his desk. 

Somehow in just a short year he has transformed into this confident little boy who can walk right into class, pull out the pencils, and start drawing a water slide on his construction paper (and of course, narrate for us with every stroke)...

I pray that he can hold onto that confidence and self-worth, and as he goes along on this big first grade journey, I pray that he knows he is unconditionally loved for who he is...

No comments: