Sunday, August 18, 2013

Charlotte's 4th Birthday: A Tangled Party!

Charlotte decided she wanted a Tangled themed party about 6 months before her actual birthday, so we had lots of time to prepare!  I love Tangled almost as much as she does, so I was super excited, too:)  We had floating lanterns...

 
And of course themed food...



These were my favorite...
 

 
And a Rapunzel cake...
 
I ordered a Tangled piñata and made "Flynn Rider's Treasure" bags for the kids to collect the candy...

And I made party hats and crowns...

I always make way too many hats, so we have a stash of about 20 of them from over the years in our kitchen cabinet.


I blew up a cooler of Ruffians and Thugs (water balloons) for the kids...

We had a slip n slide and 2 kiddie pools in the backyard...

And dad brought this pool for the front yard...




Those water balloons went so fast!


Charlotte loves to sing and dance, so she asked if I could play the Rapunzel soundtrack in the back yard during the party.  She had to take a minute to sing, dance and act out her favorite songs...

I love it!  She loves putting on a show!

I prepared a Pascal craft for the kids to make, but this was the only picture I got of it...
The blower part is his tongue, and the craft foam that Evelyn's holding is his head.

After lots of water fun, it was time to eat and have cake...


And then we grabbed the frying pan and went out to hit the piñata...


Not all of the kids got a chance, because the top broke off while Harper was hitting it.  James just dumped the candy out and the kids swarmed!

Then we just let everyone play for a while, and Charlotte ended the party by opening her presents...
(She and some of her friends decided to play dress up right before, hence the Dorothy dress.)

 
She got so many fun presents.  We are so thankful to all of her friends and family that came to make her day special!  She loved it!

No comments: