Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Hot Chocolate and Gifts

Right now I'm just in awe of full time working mothers. I started a new job last week and have been working longer hours than normal this week and last as I am being oriented. I'm pretty overwhelmed and can't even fathom what it would be like to get off work every day at 5pm. The backpack sort alone is enough to make you lose it after a long day and commute. Those women are my heroes.
 
Yesterday we drank hot chocolate (READ: low maintenance activity for a mom that works late). Today we had our annual sibling gift exchange. Because I worked late it didn't happen exactly like I was hoping, but we got it done. The big kids were ecstatic with their gifts...
Hunter and Grey picked a Tinkerbell doll and this jeweled animal for Charlotte... 
She made it easy for them by telling exactly what she wanted right before they walked in the store:)
 
I love Hunter's reaction here! 
 
Charlotte picked out this bow and arrow for him... 
It's pretty cool. He had a lot of fun playing with it tonight. He already has a great aim and hit me right in the head! Thankfully, the arrows are soft:)
 
Char picked out this fishing game for Grey... 

He liked it okay, but really wanted Charlotte's Tink doll more than anything. I did see him sorting his fish right before bed, though... 
 
Over the last several days we have been reading the verses that tell about the actual event of Jesus' birth and all of the immediate characters involved. Tonight we read about the shepherds and it said that they were living in the fields with their sheep. We talked about how they live with the sheep to care for them all of the time and that God is our shepherd and is with us and caring for us all of the time.
 
Who's ready for Christmas break!? This mama's just ready for the weekend:)

No comments: