Sunday, October 25, 2015

Armstrong Carnival

James is in Mississippi this weekend for the State game, and the rest of us Brookses had big plans scheduled. We had our school carnival Friday night and on Saturday, we were going to go to Sachse's Fall Fest and then our church's neighborhood block party. We were maybe going to squeeze in our neighborhood fall party, too. I was a little nervous about handling all 3 kids (mostly our crazy 2 year old) alone at all of these activities over the weekend. Thankfully, Aunt Kate called right as I was taking these pictures when we were about to leave for the carnival. The drill team and band were cancelled from Sachse's football game, so Katie was able to come with me to the carnival. I was soooooo thankful for her!

My tough ninja...



And cute Rainbow Dash...


And Jake who refuses to wear his Jake headband...

We got ZERO pictures at the carnival because Grey was just too crazy. I don't know what I would've done without my sister. We had a silent auction there, and I bid on a Sweet N Sassy package (at Charlotte's begging), an awesome photography deal (I'm REALLY hoping for this!!), and a month at ASI (I was going to sign Grey up for a class soon, anyway). There were several for lunch with teachers or principal or assistant principal for the day, but neither of the kids wanted to be principal for the day and neither of their teachers were on there for a lunch date. My cousin, Kristin, is a kindergarten teacher there and when I walked by her Saturday morning breakfast date, the highest bid was already $200!!!! Way to go, Kristin! I haven't heard if I won any of the items I bid on yet. Fingers crossed!!

Because it rained so hard this weekend, every single event that we had planned for Saturday was cancelled, so we spent the day in front of the tv...
Grey was watching Cars here, and we watched The Lion King later that night while we ate dinner. We're ready for James to be home in a couple of hours!!

No comments: