Sunday, April 15, 2007

Tummy Time and Dog Pee




Okay, I have to preface this entry with letting y'all know that if you're an animal (especially dog) lover, you may not want to go on reading because I'll probably come off as very insensitive to you, and I wouldn't want to ruin my reputation of being a super sweet sensitive girl :)! So, I've come to the conclusion that the previous owners of our house used Hunter's room as the dog's room, and apparently they just let their dogs pee on the floor without ever cleaning it up. I had not really noticed the stains that much until I started doing tummy time with Hunter. We attempt 20 minutes (more like 5 usually) of tummy time everyday by me lying him down on his tummy on a blanket (that his Grandee got him specifically for tummy time!) on his bedroom floor. I started noticing that it smelled like pee everytime I would lie beside him during his tummy time torture session. So on Saturday I frantically began scrubbing his carpet with Spot Shot until I grew EXHAUSTED because I kept finding more and more pee stains. I suddenly realized they were ALL OVER THE ROOM!!! So I gave up because I was disgusted that someone would let their nasty dog pee all over the carpet only for my poor, sweet baby boy to lie on it and crawl on it! I went to wake up James to tell him that I'm immediately scheduling professional carpet cleaning and if it doesn't work, we're pulling up the carpet to lay new clean carpet (never to be peed on by animals). When he awoke and went into the hall he was hit in the face with the most horrible smell ever because Spot Shot lifts odors out of the carpet so well that if fills the ENTIRE HOUSE. I of course was thinking it was smelling so bad because I had just had my face in dog pee for the last half hour. The best part though is that now when you walk in our house it smells like dog pee - in every room. Please, let your dog pee on the carpet more. Thanks. Anyway, I've attacted some pics of Hunter doing tummy time because they're super cute and you can see how he's improved in only a few weeks! Maybe he screams so much during it because he can't stand the pee smell?!

7 comments:

amy said...

I just laughed so hard that I almost peed on the floor. HA!!

That is absolutely hysterical and disgusting at the same time. I'm going to recommend not wasting your time with the professional cleaners and just getting new carpet for that room....unless of course it matches the carpet in the hallway because then you'd have to change that too.

As a dog owner I'm not offended....but this is definitely the reason we haven't gotten the new puppy I want.

Anonymous said...

That was the funniest thing I've heard all day!

Please don't put my sweet nephew on the peepee floor anymore, just get some new carpet.

Love you,
Kate

Mrs. Everything said...

So funny! And so gross ;) I'm not offended at all - Scout goes outside!

It might just be easier to get new carpet since the pee has probably soaked to the pad (the smell).

The Ross Family said...

You crack me up. I would definitely replace the carpet. Sweet little Hunter doesn't want to smell that.

He is doing awesome on tummy time. I'm so impressed.

amy said...

I read the title of this post everytime I open your blog to see if you've updated and I just start laughing all over again.

Jocelyn said...

You are too funny. I can just picture you cleaning the rug like a crazy-person, in a frenzy until you can get it perfectly clean. I agree with Courtney, just replace the carpet, you will never able to get rid of the smell completely. Belly time is a necessity!!!!

Kim said...

Not to ad to the bad news, but all those pets smells and stains are probably in the pad too, so no amount of scrubbing will make it go away. Looks like new carpet will be on it's way soon!

But the good news is that Hunter looks like he's doing awesome at Tummy Time!